Friday, May 27, 2011

Wine, Skype and WICKED LIES

It's Memorial Day weekend and I've been asked, are you doing anything special?  Let's see. . .no.  Between the hail, rain and unseasonable cold, and taking care of my father-in-law -- it's now Day 24 of Our Captivity (see previous blog for more information on our captivity) -- we've decided to stay at home. . .or maybe it was decided for us by the above-mentioned issues.

My sister and I are deep into the promotion for WICKED LIES, the sequel to WICKED GAME, our co-written, somewhat paranomal, suspense series.  WICKED LIES will be in the stores, and available in e-book form on Tuesday, May 31st.  And yes, it's the book our "film noir" video was based on.  We're getting a lot of feedback on that video. . .mostly in the "You guys are clearly out of your minds," range. (see previous blog for more information on, and to view, the film noir video)

Earlier this month we learned from our publisher that a new shipment of WICKED GAME, the first book in the series, was sent out to certain retail stores, in case people missed the book the first time around.  And now we've learned that WICKED GAME hit the USA TODAY bestseller list the last two weeks in a row.  This is like. . . .unheard of.  I mean, really?  Really?  We kinda thought WICKED GAME, originally published in 2009, had had its day in the sun, so to speak.  I may have to drink some wine and ruminate on this.  I would join my sister but she's at the beach wearing her beach makeup, I'm sure. (see previous blog for more information on beach makeup)  As an alternative I may have to Skype my daughter, Kelly, so that I can see her while I toast this unexpected success as she's in California and I'm in Oregon with its. . .weather.

So, I'll leave you with this existential question: Is it really drinking alone, if you're both having wine and Skype-ing and can see each other in real time even though you're thousands of miles apart? 

Happy Memorial Day.  Check out WICKED LIES on Tuesday!

1 comment: